I’m not a huge fan of bacon — but I like it in small quantities and everyone I know LOVES bacon. So why not?
I loosely followed this recipe: Not Quite Nigella’s Bacon Jam
What I actually cooked was probably closer to this:
- 1 lb center cut bacon
- 1/4c maple syrup
- 1/4c cider vinegar
- 1 cup water (added in 1/4c increments)
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 whole brown onion, diced
- 1/2 grated nutmeg (half the nutmeg, grated)
- a couple spoonfulls of brown sugar
- a large dash of black pepper
- a couple large dashes of tapatio
- some amount of: cinnamon, a tiny bit of salt, ancho chili powder, chili powder
…so I apparently started writing this as a draft in March. Posting it now.
I should really blog more. :/